295th (Hampshire Yeomanry) Battery, is an Army Reserve sub-unit based on the SOUTH-COAST, whose role is to reinforce the British Army’s Regular Air Defence Regiments. We operate the Royal Artillery’s Short Range, Ground Based Close Air Defence System utilising the latest Surface-to-Air, High Velocity Missile (HVM), Lightweight Multiple Launcher (LML) tripod-based system. With integrated surveillance and detection systems, it is designed to counter the threat of low flying, ground attack aircraft, unmanned aerial vehicles and attack helicopters.
Roles within the Battery include:
· Missile operators & Commanders (Strike Role)
· Signallers / Communications
· Physical Training Instructors (PTI)
· Artillery Logistics / storeman, managing and providing Stores & equipment
· Drivers / Driving Qualifications CAT B (Car), C, C+E (HGV) & D (PCV, Coach and minibus)
· Medics / (RAMC) & (RA) positions / Limited number of CMT Roles.
· HR administrator / SPS Unit Clerks (AGC)
· Chefs / (RLC)